[OS X TeX] Re: LaTeXiT & Keynote: color management when printing

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Sep 26 15:43:24 CEST 2007

Le 26 sept. 07 à 11:26, Markus S a écrit :

> The LinkBack menu is appearing in both Edit menus of Keynote 3 and
> 4, so I guess I managed to install it properly. I installed both
> have the up-to-date versions. LaTeXiT is 1.14.4, also the newest
> version. I logged out and back in.

I see the same as you with Keynote 4 in one particular case. I have
several equations on the same page, say eqs (1), (2) and (3),
inserted in this order:

- (1) was written first in LaTeXiT then inserted in Keynote.

- The same equation, kept open in LaTeXiT, was edited and the
modified equation pasted in Keynote as (2).

- After having done that, I realized that (1) had been modified in
Keynote as well, so I pressed Cmd-Z to restore (1) to its original
state.

- (3) was created in LaTeXiT by taking care to press Cmd-N so that
it's recognized as a new equation, before pasting it in Keynote.

As a  result, in Keynote:

- For (1) the LinkBack menu item is labeled "Edit LinkBack Item" and
greyed out.

- For (2) it is labeled "Refresh in LaTeXiT" and functional.

- For (3) it is labeled "Edit in LaTeXiT" and functional.

Thus it seems essential to create each separate equation as a new one
in LaTeXiT in order for LinkBack to work; you can't just copy, paste
and edit which is what I was usually doing.

That said, given editing a LinkBack item means using a menu (as
opposed to using only keyboard actions), it usefulness seems limited.
Personally I think I'll stick back to my usual routine:

- Cmd-C to select the formula to be edited.

- Cmd-Tab to switch from Keynote to LaTeXiT.

- Cmd-V to paste the formula in LaTeXiT.

- Cmd-C to copy the modified formula after editing.

- Cmd-Tab to switch back to Keynote.

- Cmd-V to paste the modified equation.

Bruno Voisin