[OS X TeX] Some thoughts about editors

Christoph Eyrich ceyrich at gmx.net
Sat Sep 22 00:13:51 CEST 2007

On Sep 21, 2007, at 11:00 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> You might take a look at TextMate:
>
> http://macromates.com/

i'd like to second that!

> I tried it briefly (a year or two ago) and while it is an amazing
> editor, at the time, the learning curve to use it with LaTeX was
> more than I was willing to climb. I suspect things have improved
> substantially since then.

i'm/was a long time emacs/auctex user and while textmate's latex
support doesn't (yet) offer what you get with auctex, textmate is an
amazing editor. it takes some time getting used to it or
understanding it's basic ideas (or discovering how much you can do
with it) but right now, i'd say i'm sold and, unless its development
should come to a hold, i can't imagine going back to emacs.

christoph