[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 18 13:23:03 CEST 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 3:22 AM, Markus S wrote:

> has anyone tried this solution entitled "Hide temporary files
> created  by TeXShop":
>> 	http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070906022746216
>> I don't mind seeing all the files, so I didn't bother trying it,
>> but  it looks like it should work.
>
> As I said earlier in this thread, it works as long as you don't
> need bibtex since bibtex won't know that the .aux file sits in
> the .tmp folder.

Howdy,

... or makeindex, or want to use latexmk, etc. Hiding the files by
setting invisible bits will end up wasting disk space since you're
sure to forget the files are actually present unless you run a script
to remove them. Still think the best thing is not to worry about them
and remove them with a macro or TeXShop's built-in command (suitably
tweaked) when things are done.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)