[OS X TeX] Re: "I wish this worked a bit differently" list

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:48:17 CEST 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 4:22 AM, Tobias Sebastian Kuhn wrote:

>>> That is it. Just leave a millimeter of space between the bottom
>>> of the window and the bottom of the screen (or keep a Dock
>>> inbetween).
>
> Then you have snail pace scrolling speed. The scrolling speed
> depends on how much space is below the window.

Yes, Peter's patch scrolls at a constant, not too fast, pace. But it
works, which makes all the difference.

> Try with different dock sizes (if you have it on the bottom of your
> screen...)

I have it on the right hand side of my right hand screen.

> or move the window ;)

Yes, that's what I have been complaining about.

> It seems the maximise button was designed with a standard dock in
> mind.

It does seem so but I don't run many applications and, now, with
Peter's patch, only Mail behaves that way (and, since I never have
more than one Mail window, I don't care).

> BTW, Aquamacs Emacs can still scroll relatively fast with the
> window bottom BELOW the screen bottom (!).

That, indeed would be nice. But I am too old even to dream of
changing away from TeXShop.

By the way, since my menu bar is on the left screen, I noticed on the
right screen that some windows, e.g. Intaglio, will not go above the
top of the screen, some will go but bounce back down as soon as I let
go of them (which I like), e.g. Mail, TeXShop, and some will stay
stuck partly above the top, e.g. Finder. Bizarre.

Regards
--schremmer