[OS X TeX] general question concerning font installation

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Tue Sep 11 14:04:24 CEST 2007

On Sep 11, 2007, at 3:17 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> For some administrative tasks (example: editing the sudoers file),
> vi is necessary because of its precision.

I hate it when people do this to me, but...  Vi and ed are the *only*
editors guaranteed to be on *every* UNIX/UNIX-like system.
Therefore, it is very important to know vi.  Ed on the other hand,
should only be used if you really screwed things up (partition with
vi not available, shared libraries not loading so vi can't run...).
BTDT.