[OS X TeX] Font question - what's in gwtex?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Sep 10 16:18:50 CEST 2007

Am 10.09.2007 um 15:36 schrieb Nathan Paxton:

> I want to be able to easily change the fonts I use in a document,
> using the \usepackage{somefont} syntax. I don't feel up to dealing
> with tfm afm map and all that stuff. So, for example, when I want
> Palatino, I use \usepackge{mathpazo}. I can't, however, seem to get
> TeX Gyre fonts to work using \usepackage{tgbonum}, etc. So I guess
> I wonder what fonts are nicely packaged as packages that I can
> declare in the preamble and change easily until I find the font I'd
> like.

Then look inside the STY file! Once one knows the names of the Mac OS
X system fonts it's easy to understand (or guess) what font
environment the

	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamacbaskerville}
	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamacdidot}
	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamacgeorgia}
	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamachoefler}
	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamacosdidot}
	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{gtamacoshoefler}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{basoptima}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{didoptima}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{geoverdana}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamacfuturacondensed}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamacfutura}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamacgillsans}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamachelveticaneue}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamaclucidagrande}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamacoptima}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{gtamacverdana}
	\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{hoegillsans}
	\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{gtamacamericantypewriter}
	\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{lmtt}

commands produce. The details of font variants used for roman,
italic, bold etc. are then coded in FD files. These reference VF
files that use TFM files to set up LYI, T1, or TS1 encoded TeX fonts.

In TCOBrowser or TeX Catalogue Online look for entries with font in
the caption and you'll have listed those packages that handle fonts
in TeX.

--
Greetings

   Pete

For some reason, this fortune reminds everyone of Marvin Zelkowitz.