[OS X TeX] [Leo-TeX] Unable to print with pplj ...

Michael Hoppe mh at michael-hoppe.de
Tue Oct 30 20:13:42 CET 2007

Am 30.10.2007 um 19:10 schrieb Richard Koch:

> Folks,
>
> I submitted a bug report to Apple on the problem of printing a pdf
> in Leopard when the command
>
> 	\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{pplj}
>
> is used in the source.

That is brave.

> As Morten Hogholm reported, it is also possible to create this
> problem with the command
>
> 	\usepackage[osf]{mathpazo}

I presume that

     usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/fpl/
fplrc8a.pfb

is somewhat faulty.  When you proccess fehler.tex with pdftex it's
unprintable; the log-file reveals that the only pfb-files that are
loaded are

     usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/fpl/
fplrc8a.pfb

and

     usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/urw/palatino/
uplr8a.pfb.

With TeX and GS unstead only

     <pplrc8a.pfb><uplr8a.pfb>

are loaded.  I conclude that fplrc8a.pfb causes the error -- it surely
has connections to mathpazo.  Maybe there's a .map-problem as well

Michael