[OS X TeX] Documenting what fonts look good with what math packages

Luci Ellis luci at verbeia.com
Mon Oct 29 21:41:29 CET 2007

Dear Mac TeX people,
Inspired by the earlier message about Bodoni, I dug out some earlier work I
have done to work out what math packages look good with which text fonts.

Using a simplified version of Thierry Bouche's mathfont.sty [1], I have
managed to get some decent results by melding the letters and numbers from
the text font with existing maths packages. For example, Sabon works well
with txfonts, Arial and Trebuchet with arev (you have to tweak the math
alphabet declarations to use Arev accents, though), and Optima from the
gtamac packages looks surprisingly good melded in with Iwona math.

Is there an appetite amongst the Mac-TeX community for more info about this?
I have put these Frankenstein packages together over many years and had to
shuffle things about as I've changed TeX distributions, so I don't have tidy
installers or instructions at the moment. I can't guarantee everything works
completely. Perhaps wider distribution of the support files to those with
the same fonts will help iron out the bugs?

Kind regards,
Luci Ellis

[1] http://tex.loria.fr/fontes/maths/mathfont.sty