[OS X TeX] Leopard's Spotlight now indexes /usr/local

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Mon Oct 29 03:50:34 CET 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> Under Leopard, you can now search for stuff in the TeX installation.
> See:
>
> http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/2007/10/spotsyssearch/index.php
>
> for details on how to do search. I tried it and it works and is fast.

For BibDesk users---if you follow the steps in the link Gary provided
above, you'll also see that you can add to your "search" menu a
variety of attributes of items in BibDesk, such as their publication
date, type, containing volume, and the boolean value "item has been
read", and cite key. Maybe you already could do this in Tiger but I
didn't know about it then, and just discovered it.

Also, I saw "PDF Notes" there which I take it is associated with Skim?

Adam and Christiaan---any plans to extend the list of Spotlight-
indexed properties of BibDesk records, such as author or title? I
suppose one could always just search from within BibDesk in any case.

-Adam
=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD
Assistant Professor of Philosophy