[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

George Gratzer gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca
Sun Oct 28 18:22:40 CET 2007

I usually install like Bruno with Archive and Install. I pay the price
of having to reinstall a lot/all of the TeX staff, but that is not a
big deal. These days, a complete TeX install is just a few keystrokes
-- and a little patience for the big download.

I would like to point out that the Migration Assistant has improved so
much that the Erase and Install option is attractive, provided you
have another disk -- or computer -- cloning your computer. The
Migration Assistant copied everything and I noticed only two errors.

1. The Sound Output setting was changed from Line Out to Internal
Speakers, so my speakers became silent.

2. The Retrospect backup scripts had to be redone.

Otherwise, I just continued with my work. I have yet to come across
any problems.

Of course, it will take a while to get used to the visual changes,
most everything looks different today. Maybe less so tomorrow.

Of the new features, I only had time to start Time Machine. Zero
learning curve.

GG