[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Sun Oct 28 12:06:33 CET 2007

On Oct 28, 2007, at 5:47 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 27.10.2007 um 23:03 schrieb David Watson:
>
>>     X11.app 2.0 - X.org X11R7.2
>
> Did you see transparency with X clients?

I am not exactly sure what you mean by this. I don't see any visual
transparencies except with X11.app's drop down menus. Perhaps I could
investigate this more if you could let me know what you want.

> The fullscreen issue: do you mean you can't hide Aqua, i.e. X11 has
> no own background/root window?

Yes, that has been my experience so far. From the Apple Discussions,
it appears that X11 is now under the control of launchd, and so some
things have changed about the way things start up. I didn't find
org.x.X11 running with 'sudo launchctl list' and at the moment, I am
too busy with some other things to investigate whether a system
restart would make this happen.