[OS X TeX] LaTeX Font warnings: Font shape

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:17:58 CEST 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:43:12 +0200, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> These are not errors but warnings: there were no available fonts for
> some combinations of attributes (here Latin Modern serif bold small
> caps, and Latin Modern sans serif small caps), and LaTeX informs you of
> the substitutes it used instead (serif bold lowercase and serif small
> caps, respectively).
>
> The substitutions correspond to rules specified somewhere in .fd files.
>
> Nothing to worry about: just ignore the warnings. These are customary
> LaTeX useless log file verbosity. There is somewhere a switch to tell
> LaTeX to stop producing them, I think, but I don't remember what it is.

I don't think this particular warning is useless at all. If I ask for a
font combination that doesn't exist I would like to be informed about it.

One warning that is useless and which is going to be changed in the
upcoming LaTeX 2007 release is when a math font changes encoding. This
happens for instance when using the fourier package.

--
Morten