[OS X TeX] LaTeX Font warnings: Font shape

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Oct 22 22:43:12 CEST 2007

Le 22 oct. 07 à 22:04, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> LaTeX gives me the following:
>
> 	LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/lmr/bx/sc' undefined
> 	(Font)              using `T1/lmr/bx/n' instead on input line 67.
>

> 	LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/lmss/m/sc' in size <10> not
> available
> 	(Font)              Font shape `T1/lmr/m/sc' tried instead on
> input line 96.
>
> [...]
>
> Since the errors are not fatal and the output suits me, I don't
> really care but I am curious. How can I find out what is going on?
>
> [...]

These are not errors but warnings: there were no available fonts for
some combinations of attributes (here Latin Modern serif bold small
caps, and Latin Modern sans serif small caps), and LaTeX informs you
of the substitutes it used instead (serif bold lowercase and serif
small caps, respectively).

The substitutions correspond to rules specified somewhere in .fd files.

Nothing to worry about: just ignore the warnings. These are customary
LaTeX useless log file verbosity. There is somewhere a switch to tell
LaTeX to stop producing them, I think, but I don't remember what it is.

Bruno Voisin