[OS X TeX] pstricks help

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Sun Oct 21 17:57:01 CEST 2007

Hi Johann,

> Strange. In a Linux environment I could compile all the example
> packages that came with pstree.  So far I had zero success on Mac.

I could compile your example without problems after making Doris'
changes:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-tree} %% <----- load ps-tree
\usepackage{pst-node}
\begin{document}

\def\psedge{\nccurve[angleB=180, nodesepB=3pt]}
\pstree[treemode=R, treesep=1.5, levelsep=3.5]{\Tr{root}}{\Tr{X} \Tr
{Y} \Tr{Z}} %% <----- change bracket

\end{document}

Is it possible that you're using pdflatex instead of latex+dvips by
accident? If you're using TexShop, check what engine is used, or try
compiling it with latex+dvips from the command line.

Hope that helps,
Jan