[OS X TeX] Geometry package, lists and hfill weirdness

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Tue Oct 16 18:31:29 CEST 2007

Le 15 oct. 07 à 15:34, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> I ran into a weird (at least to me) problem, and was hoping someone
> would have some ideas. Consider the following code:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[left=1cm,right=1cm,top=1cm,bottom=1cm]{geometry}
> \newcommand{\filltwo}[2]{\par\hfill #1 \hfill {#2} \hfill}
> \begin{document}
>   \begin{enumerate}
>     \item In list:\par
>     \hfill Hi \hfill there! \hfill
>     \item Also in list:
>     \filltwo{Hi}{there!}
>   \end{enumerate}
>   \par\hfill Hi \hfill there! \hfill
>   \filltwo{Hi}{there!}
> \end{document}
>

> As the code stands, the last \hfill in both direct hfill attempts
> and the first "filltwo" call (i.e. the one in the enumerate) seem
> to be eaten up. In other words, all the "there!" except for the
> very last one are lined up with the right side of the page.
>
> If on the other hand we comment out the geometry package, then
> those hfills work just fine. (still though things are not aligned
> quite as I would like them to be).
>
> So two questions:
> 1. Is this a known behavior of the geometry package, and do you
> know of a way to circumvent it?
> 2. How can I make the \filltwo calls in the enumerate environment
> distribute their arguments equidistant in a single line?

hello:) Geometry is not a problem with your code but you have
  a lot of bad white spaces and if you put a \hfill at hte end
  of the line, I suppose that you want :

<right>         hi         there!           <left>

try you code but like this:

without white spaces and with hfil instead of hfill

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[left=1cm,right=1cm,top=1cm,bottom=1cm]{geometry}
\newcommand{\filltwo}[2]{\par\hfil#1\hfil{#2}\hfil}%
\begin{document}
	\parindent=0pt
   \begin{enumerate}
     \item In list:\par