[OS X TeX] dvips

Theodore Huffmire huffmire at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 15 05:38:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

I installed MacTex on my Macbook Pro this week
with the default installation options (i.e., install everything
including fonts).

Everything works fine except when I use a particular
style file for journal manuscripts.
I am having trouble with dvips:

dvips -t letter -P pdf paper.dvi -o paper.ps
moreThis is dvips(k) 5.96 Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2007.10.14:2038' -> paper.ps
  dvips: ! Couldn't find header file arial.pfb.
Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -R2
mode.
make: *** [all] Error 1

I'm sure that there are many many other people with the same issue,
those who installed MacTex on their MacBook Pros or iMacs
(I have an iMac too, and the same problem occurs).

Is there a specific package I need to install?
I've been using dvips the same way for years.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted

--