[OS X TeX] Problem with tetex/gwtex and fink

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Oct 3 16:39:36 CEST 2007

Am 03.10.2007 um 16:11 schrieb Holger Schulz:

> My first question is, can I install the developers extras over a full
> installation to add those files to a current installation or shall I
> reinstall the whole gwtex including the developers extras?

To install the developer additions you'll need to install down the
"Expert" way. This one is long, so you need to select from the
packages offered from the TeX i-Package only "TeX Live Dev. Libs." It
might take some time to finish the job, it might need to make some
decisions and select this or that – I don't remember all details
exactly. And I never had to post-install libkpathsea.

BTW, it's not that bad when i-Installer thinks you might need to
install more packages. This software is probably (still or already)
on your disk.

> Further, is this a good idea or are there other solutions to this
> problem?

You can use libkpathsea from the XeTeX sources ... but Fink surely
won't find these!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Diese Nachricht wurde mit einer Taschenlampe ins offene Ende eines
Glasfaserkabels gemorst.