[OS X TeX] BibDesk: Problem with 'compiling' references

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Tue Oct 2 01:15:25 CEST 2007

First---I don't think I understand the question. Are you trying to
produce a bibliography by compiling a LaTeX file with BibTeX? Or to
export references directly from BibDesk? It sounds like the latter.
Does it help if you use RTF for the preview rather than PDF?

Second, there is a BibDesk user's list that is more likely to reach
those who know about this and also less likely to trouble those here
who aren't interested in BD or BT, although people here are probably
not very likely to be bothered.

Check out

-Adam

On Oct 1, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Michael Yudelson wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I'm new to TeX, so please don't judge me for a potentially trivial
> question.
>
> I'm using BibDesk and have a problem with exporting references. I have
> a number of "proceedings" items in my library that are
> cross-referenced by "inproceedings" papers.
>
> Whenever I try to "Preview" or "Copy Drag" improceeddings items it
> results in 2(two) references instead of one. Since my BibDesk version
> is up to date and the BibTeX version as well, I'd expect it to handle
> crossref field correctly.
>
> I've set the appropriate sorting of the items (proceedings after
> inproceedings). Nothing seems to work.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Best,
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael V. Yudelson,
> PhD candidate
> School of Information Science, University of Pittsburgh.
> Email: mvy3 at pitt.edu   Tel: +1 (412) 624-9437

=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD
Assistant Professor of Philosophy