[OS X TeX] tex documents don't use TeXShop icons

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at mac.com
Mon Oct 1 16:43:58 CEST 2007

Morning.

Some days ago I've installed iTeXMac2 for try out purpose. After
rebooting the system all tex files in Finder were displayed in Finder
in generic mode (blank page). So I've opened the information window
of one of the tex files and have chosen TeXShop for opening all files
of type tex. But the icons kept blank. Then I've chosen iTeXMac2 for
all files of type tex. All icons changed to show the tiger head of
iTeXMac2. Once again I've changed the appropriate application for tex
files to TeXShop and -- after reboot -- all tex files appeared as
blank page icon.

What's wrong? Before I have installed iTeXMac2 all icons were
displayed in TeXShop mode

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

--
»Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of
alcohol.« (Woody Allen)