[OS X TeX] \includegraphics question

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Thu Nov 29 12:27:57 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 12:37:35PM +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> No: you have only one log left, that from the last *tex run. And by
> chance this shows it was produced by pdflatex.

Actually, no...the log file is produced by pdfeTeX:

    This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
    (format=latex 2005.9.2 9)  29 NOV 2007 06:18

> Pdf(la)TeX cannot handle EPS files, so pdf(la)TeX won't complain
> about a missing EPS file. "Simple" latex cannot handle PDF files, so
> it's likely that it complains about a missing EPS file. Please check
> and make sure what you really did. It might be helpful for the future.

It looks like pdfTeX is the one doing the complaining:

    ! LaTeX Error: File `websurvey_pg1' not found.

    Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

     l.1049 ...idth=6.3in, height=8.7in]{websurvey_pg1}

     I could not locate the file with any of these extensions:
     .eps,.ps,.eps.gz,.ps.gz,.eps.Z

So, EPS file missing: No go.  PDF file missing: No go.  Both present
and accounted for: Let's rock.

Makes no sense, but like all things involving TeX, don't mess with
that which finally works.

  --Brian