[OS X TeX] Find and replace with regular expressions

Alessandro Andretta alessandroandretta at mac.com
Mon Nov 19 13:20:49 CET 2007

I would like to replace the $ signs in a LaTeX file with \( and \)
thus I would have to search for $...$ and replace it with \( ... \)
where ... is any string of symbols (letters, numbers, \ , {} &,etc)
EXCEPT $. I tried the help menu of TeXShop, TextMate, Textwrangler,
but their general treatment seems be a bit too technical for my taste.
Is there a simple way to archive this with any of the editors above?

Thanks in advance,

	--aa