[OS X TeX] Leopard 10.5.1

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Fri Nov 16 20:14:15 CET 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Berend Hasselman wrote:
> I'm glad that stealth mode is enabled; it appears that some machine
> is attempting to connect to TCP.
> This seems to be happening quite regularly.

Probably a so-called "script kiddie" running a script that (if
unchecked) attempts scores of brute force logins over a short period
of time.  I have a daemon running on my Linux server that watches for
these attempts and blocks them after a few tries, and I've logged
attacks from over a hundred distinct IPs just in the past few weeks.

-chris