[OS X TeX] Leo.1 and cgpdftops -- something has changed

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Nov 16 16:13:53 CET 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 9:52 AM, RA Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Obviously Apple has changed something concerning the creation and
> display of PDF files when using TeXShop. In 10.5 the PDF files were
> displayed correctly but TeXShop has crashed when trying to print
> such a file.
>
> Now in 10.5.1 the old style numbers are displayed in a Helvetica
> narrow style font. The PDF file isn't printable, the printer ignores
> the file, but nothing crashes. Adobe reader displays and prints
> correctly Mathpazo old style numbers in the PDF file.
>
> The most curious is: When I typeset a file like
>  \documentclass{ltxdoc}
>  \begin{document}
>  Test
>  \end{document}
>
> TeXShop doesn't typeset it in the normal CM font, but in a font like
> Helvetica Narrow.
>
> What's wrong?

The smells like a corrupted font cache. The first thing I would do is
delete your font caches and see if that fixes it. See the message I
posted last week for instructions:

http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-November/032733.html

Since then I have discovered that TinkerTool has an even nicer
interface for doing this kind of thing -- see:

http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerTool.html

-- Gary