[OS X TeX] Leopard 10.5.1

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 16 10:40:10 CET 2007

Le 15 nov. 07 à 23:50, Richard Seguin a écrit :

> I've been waiting for the dust to settle before upgrading to
> Leopard. Has anyone done the 10.5.1 update yet? Relative to TeX,
> does this seem like a good time to upgrade?

Relative to TeX I don't know yet, but after applying the update and
then using Disk Utility to verify permissions for my hard drive, I'm
now getting:

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will
not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has
been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been
modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/
Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/
Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be
repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/
Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be
repaired.
Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will
not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/
Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/
ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not
be repaired.

The last warning was already there (I suppose it appeared after
applying the Remote Desktop Client update just after installing
Leopard), but all the others are new.

My interpretation is that these warnings just signal core files which
have been modified by the 10.5.1 update. If not, then that's really
scary and would indicate an OS whose core inner organs have been
modified inadvertently; if that's indeed the case, then I imagine a
new Archive & Install of Leopard would be required, though I'm really
not willing to go along that route again if I can avoid it.

Bruno Voisin