[OS X TeX] Staying on the right PATH (or something)

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:59:57 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:25:36 +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> If you don't want to use ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist you have to use
> such detours ... and success is not guaranteed.

It is not a matter of me using it, it's the application (Texmaker) we are
trying to support. We can't tell our users to edit that file. If someone
was to use environment.plist then it should be the TeX distributions but
then again this doesn't matter because we have /usr/texbin as canonical
path to the executables now.

Judging from the comment below in the Texmaker sources, the author wished
for environment.plist too.

#ifdef Q_WS_MACX //why the tex packages on macosx doesn't set the path to
the latex programs in the Macosx path (environment.plist) ??

I will contact him and see what we can do about it.

Thank you all for your comments.
--
Morten