[OS X TeX] TeXShop crashs again

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Nov 14 15:05:12 CET 2007

Le 14 nov. 07 à 13:36, RA Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> Am 14.11.2007 um 12.29 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Can I ask what you were doing when it crashed?
>
> I had stroked Cmd-Shift-S to save the file under a new filename.
> While I've typed in the new filename TeXShop has crashed.

This might be related to a bug Dick Koch is investigating, and which
manifests itself for files which have been opened and modified in
other applications than TeXShop.

Three questions:

- When you do

	ls -l filename

is there an "@" at the end of the permissions. Then this would
indicate the file has extended attributes (for example a CREATOR
attribute with value TeXs, and a TYPE attribute with value TEXT, which
is normal for a TeXShop file).

- What does the following return

	xattr - l filename

This will yield the value of the extended attributes. Most likely a
com.apple.FinderInfo, followed by hexadecimal numbers and their ASCII
equivalent.

- If you copy your file with a new name in the form

	cp -X filename newname

then you will a copy without the extended attributes, ready to be
opened in TeXShop afterwards. Does the new file exhibit the same bug?

Bruno Voisin