[OS X TeX] Duplicate texi* executables on Leopard

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 14 14:21:02 CET 2007

On 13 Nov 2007, at 23:14, Richard Koch wrote:

> Berend,
>
> I can probably explain this:
>
> On Nov 13, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Berend Hasselman wrote:
>> I haven't put /usr/texbin first (yet) since I get a PATH when bash
>> starts with /usr/texbin somewhere in the middle (because /usr/
>> texbin will then be searched twice, which is against my sense of
>> neatness.).
>
> This is due to a Leopard bug in MacTeX which will be fixed soon in
> the packages, but is already fixed by using the small install
> package on
>
> 	www.uoregon.edu/~koch

I downloaded the LeopardTeXFix.pkg.zip.
And installed it.
Restarted the computer.

Started Terminal and did a set.
The results for PATH are

PATH=.:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/
X11/bin:/Users/berendhasselman/bin

On entry of my .profile  PATH is

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

/usr/texbin is still in the middle

So /usr/texbin  is not searched before /usr/bin.

For the time being I have renamed the four texi* things in /usr/bin to
texi*.old

Berend