[OS X TeX] Version controls for LaTeX book production

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Nov 12 09:09:57 CET 2007

Le 12 nov. 07 à 02:20, George Gratzer a écrit :

> On Nov 11, 2007, at 7:03 PM, David Oliver wrote:
>
>> I'd welcome comments from book authors on this list with experience
>> with version controls, such as CVS,  for LaTeX produced books. Do
>> you find them useful?
>
> NO
>
>> Do you find them useful even if you are the only user or author
>> accessing the material?
>
> NO
>
>> Recommendation for a particular system?
>
> I think Time Machine is all you need.
>
> I think good backup is very important, version control?
>
> GG

Time machine is using a single repository for all the backups.

With a version control system, you can have a different repository for
each document.
That way, you can archive both the document and its own repository.
Say you put everything on a USB key, then you can have everything you
need to work properly wherever you go,
whatever machine you are working on.