[OS X TeX] TeXShop features I would like to correct (or have corrected)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 6 11:50:14 CET 2007

Am 06.11.2007 um 10:25 schrieb Tom Koornwinder:

> If this is indeed general TeX behaviour, and not special TeXShop
> behaviour,
> I wonder if (La)TeX can be improved such that it always completes
> the last
> line in  the .aux file before aborting.

You can easily find this out yourself! Keep the error in the TeX
source, remove all auxiliary files, and use AUCTeX in Emacs or the
command line. If the AUX file is the same unfinished one, then it's
likely a TeX related problem and it can (hopefully) easily be
improved by filing a pdfTeX bug, because it's surely pdfTeX you are
using and its developers are quite fast in fixing bugs.

Could be it has to do with the way you use pdfTeX: interactively.
Then it might be true that pdfTeX does not flush instantly upon
finding the error some output buffer to finish the context line in
the AUX file at once (is this buffer's contents line right or is it
faulty, infected by the error found?). So I recommend to make the
test and then report the bug and discuss it with the pdfTeX
developers. Otherwise, if pdfTeX from the command line works well, it
might be a problem with TeXShop that might be buffering all pdfTeX
output somehow and releasing it too late. Or never!

OTOH, if you provide a minimal example I could try to handle some
part ... (starting to search the database of pdfTeX errors)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish,
and you've depleted the lake."