[OS X TeX] Re: Leopard

Leah Berman lberman at ursinus.edu
Sun Nov 4 02:21:21 CET 2007

On Nov 3, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Roberto Avanzi wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2007, at 15:33, Frank STENGEL wrote:
>
>>> Which scientific software are you using is experiencing trouble
>>> under Leopard?   Do Mathematica, Maple, Mupad, Magma, Matlab work?
>>
>> Tried the following
>>
>> -- Maple: no apparent problems.
>
> Thank you. Mathematica (6) and Maple (11) being the tools I use
> most frequently (besides TeX, compilers, DxO and of course some
> Apple applications), this is good news.  Matlab is used sometimes
> for some graphs, magma also occasionally, a student sends me Mupad
> stuff every now and then, but I can also live without these apps.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Maple 11 and Spaces? When I
have Maple in, say, space 3 and try to use the dock to switch to it
from space 1, it will switch to the Maple menubar but not actually
switch to the space, which is annoying. The fonts are also messed up
when I try to print from Maple (preview and printing shows some sans
serif font that doesn't recognize Maple's minus signs). I don't know
if reinstalling Maple will fix things. Actual computation with Maple
seems to be fine. I did an archive and install.

So far, Mathematica 6 seems to be working fine.

Leah
Leah Wrenn Berman, Ph.D.
Ursinus College
P.O. Box 1000