[OS X TeX] fonts in leopard

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Sat Nov 3 23:18:22 CET 2007

I tried booting in Safe Disk mode which clears the font caches (?), I
think (at least, under Tiger).
Didn't help.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with fonts whatsoever until I open
a pdf file with TeXniscope.

I think the solution (at least for me) involves understanding what
happens
as I restart, why applications like Preview, Skim etc display the
fonts correctly afterwards  and why TeXniscope
does not. TeXniscope, for some reason, behaves differently.