[OS X TeX] TeXShop features I would like to correct (or have corrected)

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Fri Nov 2 10:02:38 CET 2007

Some TeXShop features I would like to correct before switching to
Leopard:

1. When TeXShop gets into an error, because of a undefined macro,
e.g., most of the time, after correcting the error, I have to Abort
and Trash Aux Files before typesetting again. If I don't do it, I get
into an immediate error.

Some people tell me they never get intot this TeXShop behaviour, so I
think it may be due to incorrect TeXShop Preferences on my computer.

2. When there is an error in an input file, or in a .sty file, and
you press the button Goto Error, TeXShop takes you to a line which
has the same line number as the the line where the error actually
happened, but which is in the root file!

3. (Similar to 2). TeXShop can correctly detect minor errors, as a
{ or \begingroup with no matching } or \endgroup, it displays the
number of the line where the error has occured, but not the name of
the file! You can find it out by checking all the files used, but
this is not so easy if you have five .sty custom files and ten chapters.

A typical error message is:

(\end occurred inside a group at level 1)

### simple group (level 1) entered at line 274 ({)
### bottom level

André Bellaïche
Université Paris 7
Département de mathématiques