[OS X TeX] Using System Fonts in LaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 1 16:34:23 CET 2007

Am 01.11.2007 um 15:11 schrieb Jeremy Conlin:

> There are hundred
> of fonts shipped with Mac OS X and I want to use some of them (i.e.
> helvetica) in LaTeX.  How can I do this?

	\usepackage{helvet}

Then text in \textsf{} will be in Helvetica. To be exact: not the
system's fonts will be used but those from the TeX installation. And
the PDF files built won't even contain them. (There are 14 fonts a
PDF document does not need to embed.)

>  Is such a thing even possible?

Of course. Look also at the gtamacfonts package (texdoc gtamacfonts)!

--
Greetings

   Pete

When confronted with actual numbers, a mathematician is at a loss.
                                          (Steffen Hokland)