[OS X TeX] Unix expert help needed

Robert Bruner rrb at math.wayne.edu
Tue May 29 15:25:12 CEST 2007

Can someone point to a quick  tutorial on what these .DS_Store and
resource fork files ('files' ?) are?  As an antiquated BSD Unix user,
these are unfamiliar to me, and the quick bit of Googling I did to
try to learn about them didn't trn up much that was useful.

I am thinking of something that looks a bit like a chapter in an
Operating Systems text, defining content and usage.

It is possible that this has aready occurred in this list and I simply
missed it in the mass of email I pretend to read each day, in which
case I apologize for the wasted bandwidth, and would be happy with
a hint as to where it might lie in the archive.

Bob Bruner