[OS X TeX] Unix expert help needed

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue May 29 11:37:28 CEST 2007

Greetings,

On 2007 May 24 , at 06.05, George Gratzer wrote:

> When I send off a directory (submitting a paper or uploading to
> CTAN), my
> directory has a lot of Mac specific invisible files causing work at
> the other
> end.

It depends what you mean by `when I send off a directory'.  If you're
referring to creating a tarball of a directory, then a
straightforward way to do this is at the commandline:

% cd <wherever>
% COPY_EXTENDED_ATTRIBUTES_DISABLE=1
% tar cf dir.tar dir

That creates a tarball containing the directory 'dir'.  The
environment variable causes tar to avoid including various pseudo-
files specific to HFS+.

All the best,

Norman

Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  :  University of Leicester, UK