[OS X TeX] Multiple Search/Replace in one script?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat May 26 16:39:59 CEST 2007

On May 26, 2007, at 14:53, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> I am looking for a way to automate (and also archive) my most
> common ten or twenty search/replace runs.

Which application. BBEdit/TextWrangler allow you to save search/
replace combinations under a descriptive name (needed for most grep
searches). The search & replace functionality is fully scriptable
through AppleScript, even recordable to get you started.

> I have to admit, I have no idea about scripting. But I guess there
> should be a way in Applecript/Perl/Rupy/Whatever to write down
> several entries with...
>
> ... what should be the search string
> ... what should be the replace string
> ... what kind of search should be opeated (regulr expression, case
> sensitive, etc.)
>
> Any recommendations?

To start with: which application? For scripting my experiences with
BBEdit (TextWrangler) are good.

Maarten