Macports without tetex (was: Re: [OS X TeX] Re: Multi-distribution woes)

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:35:05 CEST 2007

On 5/23/07, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On May 23, 2007, at 9:45 AM, M A wrote:

> > I don't know if gwtex installs libkpathsea, ...
>
> Howdy,
>
> It appears that I have the libkpathsea library in /usr/local/gwTeX/lib/.

This is good to know. It *might* be the case that doing something like:

sudo env DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gwTeX/lib port install dvipdfmx

would allow macports to find libkpathsea without installing tetex and
without doing all
the other steps I mentioned above. At least, that's my limited
understanding from looking
through the tcl code. Like I said, I haven't actually tried it....

Mark A