[OS X TeX] Compressing pdf graphics

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Wed May 23 02:31:16 CEST 2007

I don't have any idea how to compress within (La)TeX, but you might
want to use the postscript output capability of R combined with the
command-line utilities ps2pdf, ps2pdf12, ps2pdf13, or ps2pdf14
provided with Ghostscript. Depending on your version of ghostscript,
you can find some documentation on these at

      file:///usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.54/doc/Ps2pdf.htm

(you may need to change the 8.54 to whatever version you have installed)

I did a quick test on a simple plot and found some size advantages
over the pdf() function in R.