[OS X TeX] Permissions in .texlive2007

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Tue May 22 03:53:24 CEST 2007

Dear Axel,

I figured out what could have caused the problem. I was checking OnyX
out, and without realising the implications for the TeX installation,
I ran repair permissions from it (even though there was absolutely no
need to!). I checked the file and its permissions were 755. After
seeing your mail, I have changed the permissions to match yours. But
I am not sure about the subdirectories. Can you tell me what their
permissions should be?

I now remember that there was some discussion about 'Repair
permissions' and its effects on the TeX installation at some point of
this. But I wasn't remembering any of this until now. Can someone
tell me what the permissions ought to be for .texlive2007 and its
subdirectories?

Thanks very much.

Cheers,
Suresh