[OS X TeX] trying to use belleek or mathtime fonts (revised)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon May 21 21:35:05 CEST 2007

Le 21 mai 07 à 21:07, Art Werschulz a écrit :

> (Some additional information in my original posting ...)

Back in January I posted (too) extensive installation instructions
for Lucida and MathTime, to be used with the then-to-be-released
gwTeX and TeXLive-2007:

<http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-January/027878.html>
<http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-January/027879.html>
<http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-January/027900.html>

You will have to adapt the instructions to what's currently inside
gwTeX and TeXLive-2007, and extract only the bits relevant to your
setup. Unfortunately I no longer have time to look at the matter, sorry.

In particular, I think Karl Berry was planning to completely remove
belleek and mathtime support from TeXLive-2007, due to licensing
issues. It's possible that's the case now, and that this is what's
causing what you are seeing.

An alternative is to purchase the MathTime Pro 2 fonts from PCTeX
<http://www.pctex.com/mtpro2.html>. They are the current version of
the MathTime fonts, and offer many improvements over the original
MathTime 1.1 fonts, such as bold math italic. Gary Gray, I think, has
some experience installing them.

Bruno Voisin