[OS X TeX] Can only get TeXLive to see ~user/Library/texmf if logged in as admin

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 21 15:22:02 CEST 2007

On May 21, 2007, at 12:55 AM, Luci Ellis wrote:

>> What is in
>> ~/Library/texmf which cannot be found?
>
> The extra files that I want to find are in my own home folder's
> library
> folder, i.e. ~luci/Library/texmf/ and then fonts, bibtex, tex etc as
> appropriate. The material includes custom class files (in
> tex/latex/private), bst files (bibtex/bst), and lots of extra fonts.
>

> Sorry once again.
>
> Luci

Howdy,

Is ~lucy your admin account or the non-admin user account? The ~luci/
Library/texmf/ branch will only be searched when logged in as luci.
If you want all users to access certain files you should place them
in the texmf-local branch (or texmf.pkgs branch for gwTeX); and don't
forget to run `sudo texhash` after doing that.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)