[OS X TeX] colors in tables

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Sun May 20 16:31:12 CEST 2007

This is not mac-specific, but I thought somebody here
could be able to help anyway.  After all, mac users are
by nature more sensitive to fine typography issues ;-)

I used to have gray and otherwise colored \hlines and
\clines on my tables using the colortab environment
and some macros.

\newgray{lightgray}{.66}
\def\lightgrayhline{\NAC{lightgray}\hline\ENAC}
\def\lightgraycline#1{\NAC{lightgray}\cline{#1}\ENAC}
\def\grayhline{\NAC{gray}\hline\ENAC}
\def\graycline#1{\NAC{gray}\cline{#1}\ENAC}

similarly I could use colored vertical separators
by defining the macro

\def\lightgrayvert{{\hspace{\tabcolsep}{\AC{lightgray}\vrule\EAC}
\hspace{\tabcolsep}}}
\def\grayvert{{\hspace{\tabcolsep}{\AC{lightgray}\vrule\EAC}\hspace
{\tabcolsep}}}

I could then use \lightgrayhline and \grayhline in place of
\grayhline, similarly for the cline versions, and have vertical
separators of the desired colors with something like
\begin{tabular}[hb]{c||c@\lightgrayvert r||c@\lightgrayvert r|c@
\grayvert r}

The funny thing is that in the last months if I try to use a
color I defined myself, like \lightgray, I get the following error
message

[10] [11]
PSTricks error.  See User's Guide for further information.
                  Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
! Color not defined: `lightgray'.
\@pstrickserr ... immediate help.}\errmessage {#1}
                                                   \endgroup
l.902 }

but no trouble with the builtin color "gray".

How do I get my colors noticed and processed correctly by
pstricks and colortab?

  thanks in advance
   Roberto