[carbon-emacs:179] Re: [OS X TeX] Re: PDFViewer

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu May 17 19:17:13 CEST 2007

Hi again,

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2007, David Reitter wrote:
>>
>> On 16 May 2007, at 22:59, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>>>
>>> (defun raise-emacs-on-aqua()
>>>    (shell-command "osascript -e 'tell application \"Emacs\" to
>>> activate' &"))
>>>
>>> opens up an *Async Shell..." and adds robustness. I find the Async
>>> Shell
>>
>> Does Carbon Emacs not have the `do-applescript' function?
>> I don't quite see why one need to ask the shell to ask osascript to
>> execute a script when you can execute the script directly. That
>> should address the Async buffer business.
>
> If somebody could tell how, it would be good, because it creates problems
> at least for those of us who've tried to use pdfview from Carbon Emacs. (I
> myself do not know these script languages.)

I took off the suspicious shell-command, and left in .emacs this:

(server-start)

+ the code for forward search.

It seems working, but I do not know the full capacity of PDFView. For
ex.: When typesetting in emacs by modifying a location, which is not on
the currently displayed pdf page, the update of the pdf happens, but
PDFView doesn't jump to the corresponding pdf page. I do not know if this
is implemented in PDFView or not. Indeed, PDFView takes me to the proper
page of the pdf, if I issue C-c C-c to invoke explicitly the View
command.

Before that, I'd tried substituting do-applescript for osascript:

- with the ampersand it didn't pdfview and/or pdfsync didn't work;
- without the ampersand, I get:

/bin/bash: line 1: do-applescript: command not found

Roussanka