[OS X TeX] [off-topic] best font set for using Times?

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed May 9 14:31:19 CEST 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On  9 May, 2007, at 06:32, Gary L. Gray wrote:

... and some people wonder why TeX isn't more widespread. Why are
these values set low like this? I remember doing this in OzTeX many
years ago. There seems to be no practical reason why they are so low
and would need to be increased. I'm betting that increasing these
numbers isn't causing other problems, so why not always have them
larger?
Joe