[OS X TeX] TeX yesterday, today, tomorrow (was: Re: When Is It Coming Out?)

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Sat May 5 20:08:17 CEST 2007

Le 5 mai 07 à 16:42, Martin Wilhelm Leidig a écrit :

> Am 2007-05-05 um 15.08 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>> I keep learning amazing new things things that can easily be done
>> by one package or another.
>
> Same goes for me -- I'm exploring TikZ/PGF these days --> <http://
> www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pgf/>.

Well it's a fabulous package and i'm  not very happy with
The Latex Graphics Companion, Second Edition:
Illustrating Documents with TEX and Postscript

With at the end of the first chapter : choosing a package !!

but with only chapters on Metapost, PStricks and XY

and no chapter on PGF/TIKZ, I know that the documentation of PGF
is marvellous and that it is not necessary to make some another but
  some councils of use would have been necessary and would have allowed
to make a more judicious choice among the packages.
Tikz is the only one which makes it possible to work quietly with
pdflatex.

On the other hand, there is an appendix on pst-pdf!

Alain Matthes