[OS X TeX] More otftotfm problems...

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Mar 31 19:17:57 CEST 2007

Le 31 mars 07 à 16:44, Stephen Moye a écrit :

> On a whim, given the problems that I've had, I ran 'setenv' and
> discovered that the TEXMFLOCAL environment variable has not been set.
>
> 1. Does it need to be?
>
> 2. If so, should it be
>
> 	a) /Users/smoye/Library/texmf
> 	b) /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
> 	c) /Something/else

Says /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf:

% A place for local additions to a "standard" texmf tree.
% This tree is not used for local configuration maintained by
% texconfig, it uses TEXMFCONFIG below.
TEXMFLOCAL=$SELFAUTOPARENT/../texmf-local

% User texmf trees are allowed as follows.
% This used to be HOMETEXMF.
TEXMFHOME=$HOME/Library/texmf

That said, how did you check for TEXMFLOCAL? I'm not sure how env or
setenv should be connected with it. Did you try to use kpsewhich? Here:

Portable-de-Bruno:~ brunovoisin$ kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFLOCAL'
/usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local
Portable-de-Bruno:~ brunovoisin$ kpsewhich --expand-var='$TEXMFHOME'
/Users/brunovoisin/Library/texmf

Bruno Voisin