[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 31 11:15:58 CEST 2007

Am 29.03.2007 um 15:05 schrieb Eitan Gurari:

>> I have a longtable environment which I split for PDF output with a
>> few \newpage's. In HTML the vertical space between the last row "on
>> the last page" and the first row "on the next page" is not constant
>> and shrinks in two cases to zero.
>
> Can you place a short sample latex file on the web demonstrating the
> problem and provide the url to the file.

The "minimal example" I have produced shows correct behaviour: all
page breaks are removed! Otherwise it would be a bug – usually a
"longtable" spans more than one page on real or virtual paper, but
HTML only knows paper rolls of unlimited length, so all page breaks,
top skips, etc. have to be removed.

There were left some [space] relics from an earlier form of the long
table. The clean page breaks zeroed them out while TeX4ht applied
them, of course, so that I could see the beginning of a "new page."
Each "page" contains material related to some topic or header with
varying length.

What is remaining is that the picture from the previous example
cannot be put into the HTML output. If I edit the HTML file and
replace the wrong file name for the picture with its original name,
it gets included without scaling and without horizontal offset ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

$ sumascii BILL GATES
   B   I   L   L   G   A   T   E   S
  66+ 73+ 76+ 76+ 71+ 65+ 84+ 69+ 83 = 663

  and add 3 because he's Bill Gates the third.