[OS X TeX] Alpha! (was: nothing)

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at onlinehome.de
Tue Mar 27 23:22:30 CEST 2007

Am 2007-03-27 um 09.38 schrieb Christian Burk:

> Am 27.03.2007 um 06:32 schrieb Chetan Nayak:
>
>> [...] I'm still using TeXShop. Is there a newer/better
>> front end with which I should replace this?
>
> Regarding this, we had a quite long discussion on the use of
> Smultron (vide the archive) and from that I am using it and it has
> some nice features...

May I throw in the name "Alpha"?  It's a very capable editor,
sporting a plethora of modes (I just counted 64, from Ada to XSL).
One can call any TeX binary or frontend just by typing Cmt-T -- I'm
using that with OzTeX, TeXShop and a couple of teTeX binaries.  Also
one can call dvi, dvipdfm, makeindex, bibTeX and other programs as
easily.

Current version 8.0.2 here: <http://alphatcl.sourceforge.net/wiki/>.

... with greetings from Ladenburg:

-MWL-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, Nadlerstr.6, D-68526 Ladenburg, Germany
Professional TeXing, TeXnical counselling, and TeX hacking