[OS X TeX] FYI: Smultron

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Fri Mar 23 03:50:04 CET 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 20:30 , Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Axel E. Retif wrote:

>>> From within Emacs, I can't get preview in TexShop updated, and if
>>> I close TexShop, then it opens always on page 1.
>>> I think this has to do with TeXShop not with Emacs, despite that
>>> I have in
>>> TeXShop Preferences -> External Editor -> Automatic Preview
>>> Update (checked)
>>
>> You have to check also ``Configure for External Editor'' in the
>> Document tab of Preferences.
>
> I've checked it. Irritatingly, TexShop still does not work as it is
> supposed to:
>
> - TexShop re-opens always on the 1st page, not on the last viewed
> page.
>
> - if TeXShop is left opened with the pdf displayed, it doesn't update
> with new typesetting.

How strange! I just checked and it does for me. Just to be sure: in
the ``Document'' tab of Preferences, I have checked ``Configure for
External Editor'', and in the ``Preview'' tab ``Automatic Preview
Update''.

Then you have to quit TeXShop, typeset in Emacs and open the PDF
again in TeXShop (I have configured Emacs to use TeXShop as the
default PDF viewer, so for me this is automatic).

Hope this helps.

Best

Axel