[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Mar 22 18:51:23 CET 2007

Am 22.03.2007 um 18:35 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Actually, given your original log file contains a "dot" file:
>
>>    )/usr/local/teTex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex: Not
>>    writing to ../ChapterEdit/049.aux
>>    (openout_any = p)
>>
>>    !I can't write on file ../ChapterEdit/049.aux'.
>>    \@include ..\immediate \openout\@partaux#1.aux
>>    \immediate \write \@partauÂ…
>>    l.34 \include{../ChaptersEDIT/\jobname}

Bruno, these are no `dot´ files: .. means one level above this here,
i.e. `.´ – but this dot isn't meant either. The name `dot´ files
stands for files which do not have a proper name, only an extension,
like: .emacs, .cshrc, .profile ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time flies like an error -- but fruit flies like a banana!
                              (almost Groucho Marx)